CREATE A COZY RUG ATMOSPHERE AT HOME.
It is easy to fall into the trap of spending hours outside in the cold, windy weather. Some people even refer to these harsh elements as “fresh air.” These conditions can be an effective way to keep your home free from allergens while also lowering your energy bill. Unfortunately, they can also make it difficult for you and your family to enjoy time indoors.
This blog post will include a list of tips on ensuring your home stays warm during these frigid months without turning off the heat or being too expensive for you and your loved ones.
1. Keep your curtains drawn. This can be one of the most effective ways to keep your home warm. When the cold air passes through the window, it will enter your house to equalize the temperature outside with that inside. However, drawing the curtain across will effectively limit how much cold air can get into your home. This is true regardless of whether or not you have blinds in your home.
2. Use a floor heating system instead of a forced-air system to heat your home. This can be a great way to keep your home warm. The good news is that these heating systems are now less expensive than they were in the past. If you can use one of these heating systems, then it would be a great idea to take advantage of it when you are at home.
3. Keep your thermostat between 68 degrees and 70 degrees Fahrenheit while you are awake. However, if you are asleep or away from home, then there is no need to heat the entire house. You can instead set the temperature as low as 60 degrees Fahrenheit so that your pipes will not burst and so that there is less energy wasted.
4. Turn off or use a programmable thermostat. This is an effective way to ensure that you turn off your heat system when you are not at home. These thermostats will automatically cut the system’s power when in the “off” position to save money and prevent damage to your home.
5. Purchase window insulation if you have more than one window in your home that must be kept open during winter. Even if you do not live in an area where the weather can get freezing, there are still times when it gets too hot inside your home, forcing you and other family members to open a window or leave it open for hours at a time.