The kitchen includes the heart and soul of any home. It is a place where you can spend time preparing meals for your family and also a place where you cook for yourself to nourish your mind as well as your body. If you’re like most people and find your kitchen sorely lacking in some way, you might be feeling the pressure to decorate. Luckily, plenty of DIY ideas are out there for those looking for a kitchen decoration without the headache.
ADD SOME INTEREST WITH LARGE PLATES
Bring attention to the center of the table by adding oversized plates as centerpieces for dinner parties or dinner-time discussions at home.
LOVE A LITTLE GREENERY
Not only does greenery add a touch of nature to your space, but it also provides a lovely splash of color. Fill vases with various flowers or add small potted plants to your kitchen decoration for an instant refresh.
CREATE A PRETTY PHOTO DISPLAY
Hang photos in any pattern that you like, and be sure to arrange them in an order that makes sense to you and your family members. Alternatively, create a collage using photos that have meaning to some particular time or event. Use double-sided tape or other adhesive to hang the pictures on the wall without damaging them. Using more than one picture is optional, but it will give the wall some extra interest.
LOVE A LITTLE PATTERN
Patterns are all the rage right now, so why not throw in a dash of pattern for some eye-catching style? Create your patterned wall by combining any two of these kitchen decoration wall ideas:
• Add pops of color with colorful picture frames and hanging plates.
• Use wallpaper to create some exciting designs. If you want to explore some designs, you can even paint and then wallpaper. Don’t worry about mistakes on the walls because it will give the room some character! Don’t forget to add molding around the edges for an additional pop of color.
• Add some amazing wallpaper to a wall in the kitchen or bathroom to give it a different look.
• Vines can be an intriguing addition to any decorating scheme. You can spruce up your home with just a few potted plants with natural beauty.
CREATE AN INTERESTING DIY ART PIECE
Even if you are not an artist, there are endless ways you can use objects from around your home to create beautiful wall art pieces. For example: – Use masking tape to create a long abstract shape in your living room. Once the shape is complete, run an object over it for added texture and character.
• Use a large canvas and acrylic paint to create your work of art. Be sure to be very careful when removing the paint from the brush so that it doesn’t drip onto the floor or, worse yet, your clothing! Be sure to be safe and wear an apron when creating this piece of artwork.
• Create a wall collage with magazine clippings that have meaning to you. You can use any magazine or newspaper clippings to create this unique piece.
• Add a few knick-knacks to the wall and notice just how creative you are!
By employing the above few ideas that you can use to help create the perfect look for your space. You’re sure to turn heads and see everyone’s eyes light up when they see your home has been given some extra style.